httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Reppucci <...@logsoft.com>
Subject Precedence of Actions
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 15:51:58 GMT

(Apache 1.3.22, Linux 2.4.17)

I'm trying to cleanup the url space of a site.  This site previously
had a setup something like so (not setup by me...):

  /cgi-bin/download.cgi        -- the main download index script
  /cgi-bin/download/prodA.cgi  -- the download script for product A
  /cgi-bin/download/prodB.cgi  -- the download script for product B
  etc.

I've tried to set things up with 'Action' and 'SetHandler'
directives so that my url space looks more like:

  /download         -- the main download index script
  /download/prodA   -- the download script for product A
  /download/prodB   -- the download script for product B
  etc.

So, my conf file now looks like so:

  Action my-download-prodA /cgi-bin/download/prodA.cgi
  <Location /download/prodA/>
      SetHandler my-download-prodA
  </Location>

  Action my-download-prodB /cgi-bin/download/prodB.cgi
  <Location /download/prodB/>
      SetHandler my-download-prodB
  </Location>

  Action my-download /cgi-bin/download.cgi
  <Location /download/>
      SetHandler my-download
  </Location>

The problem I'm having is that the top level Action (my-download) seems
to be invoked for *any* access under the /download url-space. I.e., the
'/cgi-bin/download.cgi' script gets invoked for both '/download' and
'/download/prodA' (and '/download/prodB', etc.) urls.

I've tried reordering the appearance of the directives so that the
'/download' url appears first in the conf file, with no results.

Can anyone offer hints as to whether this is possible, and if so, what
I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks.

--
Steve Reppucci                                       sgr@logsoft.com |