httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Strange SSI problems
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 18:13:55 GMT

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Stephen M. Przepiora wrote:

> Yesterday we got a call from a customer saying they were having problems
> with their web pages, and it turns out any SSI that includes a cgi has
> broken. I tried restarting apache using /etc/init.d/httpd restart. This
> did not work. Then I tried /etc/init.d/httpd stop, puased, then ran
> /etc/init.d/httpd start. The problem went away.
>
> I am totally confused now, because yesterday it happened also and other
> than apache compaing about unable to include the cgi, I dont see any
> error messages.

There really should be a message in the error log.  Are you absolutely
sure that there is nothing relevant?  Can you define what you mean exactly
by the cgi being "broken".  Are you using "include virtual" (the
recommended technique)?

If I had to guess, I would point at something like file-descriptors as
being a possible source of the problem.

Joshua.