httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Upgrade to 1.3.24 on WinNT
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 15:31:07 GMT

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, John Constable wrote:

> This email is subject to the disclaimer set out below

[Wow, this disclaimer crap gets more annoying and intrusive every day.]

> I hope I have subscribed to the correct list for the windows version of
> apache, I couldn't find a separate list for windows issues.

This is the correct list, although sometimes you can get better answers on
the new:comp.infosystems.www.servers.ms-windows groups, because one of the
primary windows developers occasionaly hangs out there.

> What I need to know is whether removing the 1.3.23 install will remove all
> the configuration, httpd.conf etc, or whether I *should* be able to upgrade
> from .23 to .24?

In general, uninstalling shouldn't mess with your config files or
documents.  Just to be sure, of course, I would make a backup of the
entire install someplace, just in case.

This problem was asked by someone else in the last few days, so please
check the archives for more discussion.

Joshua.