httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [OT] Replacing reverse squid with mod_proxy
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2002 15:59:00 GMT

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Hans Juergen von Lengerke wrote:
> I used the ancient version because that's the version that was running
> on this host for a long while (but so far only dealing with SSL
> connections). I can't try 1.3.24 yet because mod_ssl isn't available for
> it yet and the frontend apache needs to do SSL. (But our SSL Traffic is
> very low).
>
> I am aware of the recent mod_proxy improvements, I can't try 1.3.24 yet
> because mod_ssl isn't out for it yet. So you think 1.3.24 will do the
> load I described?

I think you'll find that, since there where no API changes in 1.3.24,
mod_ssl from 1.3.23 should work just fine.  (Unless Ralf has a specific
restriction against that.)

As far as whether it can handle the load, that depends too much on your
load characteristics to make any comment.  You'll just have to try it out.

Joshua.