httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: conditional logging
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2002 14:57:44 GMT
On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Eduardo Gomez wrote:

> Hello:
>
> How do I prevent apache from logging both access to files with any
> extension I want (*.gif, *.jpg, *.mp3, etc.)  and also that stupid
> nimda / code red  stuff? I had it working but accidentally I wrote over
> that particular httpd.conf file. Please, don't send me to:
>
> > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_log_config.html#customlog
> > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/logs.html#conditional
> > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/env.html#examples
>
> because last time I tried to figure that out, and I just got a big headache.

Well, two of those three links contain examples that do almost exactly
what you want.  If you can't figure them out, then why don't you start by
showing us what your best effort is, and what happens when you try to
implement it.  Just telling us you don't understand the docs doesn't help
anyone.

Joshua.