httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: mod_rewrite + mod_proxy questions
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:48:53 GMT

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Dror Braznitzki wrote:
> And now for the technical stuff:
> Some of my rewrite rules redirect to ProxyPass directives that I have in
> my proxy configuration (on the same server)
> , as it seems without the P option the proxy will not handle the sub
> request issued from mod_rewrite.

Your configuration is definitely not correct.  Two possible ways to
improve it:

1. Remove the "P" option and add a "PT" option to try to get the ProxyPass
to pick up the subrequest.

2. Keep the "P" option, but change the RewriteRule target to be the
absolute URL of the backend server.  RewriteRule with "P" can do the
proxying directly, without needing to go through ProxyPass.

Joshua.