httpd-users mailing list archives

From James Neal <jr...@ece.pdx.edu>
Subject I can't get mod_auth_pam to work
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2002 00:32:20 GMT
Since I know these are the first two counter questions everyone asks: I
have already both read the Apache 1.3 FAQ and searched an archive for this
mailing list.

This is on a Sun Blade 100 running Solaris 8.

I get the usual authentication prompt, but authentication with my
username and password fails. PAM authentication for other services
(POP/IMAP) on the box is working just fine, which is what leads me to
believe the problem is with my configuration of Apache or the .htaccess
file I am using.

The contents of the .htaccess file are:

 AuthPAM_Enabled on
 AuthType Basic
 AuthName "PAM Test"
 Require valid-user

I based it on what I read from the mod_auth_pam page on sourceforge.

Looking at the webserver logs doesn't seem to be telling me anything that
wasn't already obvious - ie, the authentication is failing.

James Neal::Solaris/Network Admin|_________
CECS Computing Support::support@cat.pdx.edu