httpd-users mailing list archives

From pchow...@famousfootwear.com
Subject Re: Web Services & Apache
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 18:44:23 GMT

Thanks Daniel. Just to confirm this before I go to my boss and tell him we
don't need an expensive app server, do you know of a web services
application deployed on a simple Apache-Tomcat server ? IBM was in here
last week and they said that we need an app server (such as WebSphere
obviously) for deploying web services.

                      Daniel Lopez

                      <daniel@rawbyte.c        To:       users@httpd.apache.org

                      om>                      cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: Web Services & Apache

                      03/07/2002 12:55

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      users

You need a servlet/JSP container to run your code. TAke a look at Tomcat,
which you can run with Apache:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/

Daniel