httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saqib.N....@seagate.com
Subject Re: Apache, mod_dav and mime types
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 22:08:52 GMT

yup it will have no effect. if it worked, it would be a security flaw in
apache.
There is only one work around (that I know of) to this problem, and you can
find it at

http://www.webdav.org/mod_dav/install.html
under the sub-section called
"I'm getting PHP output rather than the source"

have fun :)
Saqib Ali
=======================
http://davtest.seagate.com/b2 -> my daily BLOG

                    Peter Beardsley

                    <pbeardsley@appropriatesolu        To:     users@httpd.apache.org

                    tions.com>                         cc:

                                                       Subject:     Apache, mod_dav and mime
types
                    03/08/2002 02:02 PM

                    Please respond to users

I want to use mod_dav to access my html/script files, and for the most part
it works, but I'm having one slight irritation.  When I access the files
through mod_dav, the files with <!-- #include file= > server-side includes
get expanded by apache.  In order to stop this, I thought the AddType
directive might work:

   <Directory /var/www/htdocs/foo>
       DAV On
       Authname "foo"
       Authtype Basic
       AuthUserFile /var/www/htdocs/foo/.htaccess
       Require valid-user
       AddType text/plain .asp
       AddType text/plain .html
    </Directory>

But it has no effect-- the includes are still expanded.  Does anyone have
any idea how to achieve this?

Peter Beardsley
Appropriate Solutions, Inc.
pbeardsley[AT]appropriatesolutions.com