httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bryan Henry" <bryan.he...@mail.utexas.edu>
Subject RE: proxying page data
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 15:20:02 GMT
Hmm, have you tried using complete URLs to the image source...
http://88.8.8.88/images/smiley.gif

the error log you have is reporting 304 - GET Not Modified.
So, this is also a long shot, but have you tried using NoCache * after
ProxyRequests On ?
# like below

ProxyRequests On
NoCache *

~ b r y a n

-----Original Message-----
From: Markley, Aaron [mailto:AMarkley@medcentral.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 8:51 AM
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: RE: proxying page data

The HTML on the page when proxied seems to be identical to the HTML as seen
when looking at the page directly.  The code for the page being sent is
attached; as you can see, images are referenced in directories such as
"_themes" and "images" (which are of course not available on the server
which is retrieving the page).  I don't have a BASE in the HEAD/HEAD
section, is this needed to retrieve the images?
Why is this a weird situation?  It seems weird to me only because there
shouldn't be anything in the HTML stopping the page from loading fully; I
just assumed my proxy settings were incorrect.
-A