httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Young" <richard_t_yo...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: cgi-scripts don't work
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2002 21:21:32 GMT
erika,

i had the same problems, but on my linux install.

its probably 1 of 2 things:

1)permissions to execute on the cgi script you are trying to execute(which
you can change appropriately)

or

2)runtime errors in the script itself (check the error_log file for detailed
error info- not sure where it is on Win XP)

best bet is to look through the error log file. it will give more insight
into the problem.

good luck!

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Erika Marsilio [mailto:atasneem@gte.net]
  Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 12:08 PM
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Subject: cgi-scripts don't work

  Hi;

  I installed apache_1.3.23-win32-86-no_src on windows XP.  The
installation/configuration seems to be working fine since I can get to the
default apache page.  However, when I try to run the CGI scripts it keeps
giving me the same Internal Server Error message.  I do not know what is
wrong.  I read the FAQ's and the Apache Today questions (no answers) I
noticed that this is a common problem.  What should I do?  I know that perl
is working fine.  I have been at this for a long time.  Help!!

  Thanks!

  Erika