httpd-users mailing list archives

From "James Green" <ja...@stealthnet.co.uk>
Subject Using AliasMatch
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2002 16:18:29 GMT
Hi all,

We have a slightly odd set up here and I'm looking for guideance.

We have multiple template websites powered by the same backend PHP code. The
sites are in the url format http://ip/sitename/url

the URLs need to be AliasMatched to various backend scripts.

Also, we have a number of site with their own domain name what are mapped
directly to /sitename/. Thus we end up with two sets of AliasMatch
directives, one for ^/(.*)/url and one for /url.

This is a pain to think about. I have already set up one to match
^/(.*)/(.*)/(.*)/ringtones/(.*).php which should match
/sitename/en/english/ringtones/foo.php but it doesn't. It comes up with a
/sitename/en/english/ringtones/foo.php not found.

The line is:

AliasMatch ^/(.*)/(.*)/(.*)/ringtones/(.*).php
"/www/new_templated/shared/ringtones.php"

I don't understand why this is. If anyone has any advice on this set up
please respond, I'm somewhat inexperienced in this area! Thanks.

--
James Green
Developer