httpd-users mailing list archives

From "NIPP, SCOTT V (SBCSI)" <sn4...@sbc.com>
Subject FrontPage HELP!?!?!
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 17:39:19 GMT
	OK.  I know that I an getting close, but I am really stuck now.  I
have installed Apache, mod_ssl, and mod_frontpage.  The problem I am having
now is that I am not sure what to do next.  I think that I now have to
execute something from the FrontPage source, but not sure exactly what.  I
have tried to execute the owsadm.exe with a '-o install' option, but keep
receiving the following errors.

./owsadm.exe -o install -u admin -servconf /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf
-xu
ser www_user -xgroup www -p 80 -m <sitename>

Note: Local version of Apache must use the FrontPage Apache patch.Error:
FrontPa
ge requires that the AllowOverride option be set to something other than
"None"
(typically set in access.conf).  "All" is the preferred AllowOverride option
for
 the document root.

	I am really stuck at this point.  I have changed the AllowOverride
option in the httpd.conf file to All as indicated, but no luck.  Please
help.  This is driving me nuts.

Scott Nipp
Systems Analyst
SBC Long Distance