httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: Simple Name-Based Vhosting
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 22:39:46 GMT

> From: Weifeng Wang [mailto:Weifeng.Wang@bioinfogroup.com]

> I put the IP and port in the <VirtualHost> declaration.  The ServerName is
> in the <VirtualHost> body already.  So, the configuration looks like this
> now:
>
> Port 7778
> ServerName bigus01
>
> NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.100:80
>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.1.100:80>
> DocumentRoot /app/www/biorevelations
> ServerName www.biorevelations.com
> </VirtualHost>
>
> It still does not work.  What else do I need to specify?  Thanks for your
> help.

The "*" configuration was fine.  You don't need an explicit IP address in
recent versions of Apache.

My question is: why are you setting Port 7778 but then using 80 in the
virtual hosts?  That doesn't make any sense.  What port do you really want?

In addition, it NEVER makes sense to have a NameVirtualHost with only a
single <VirtualHost> section.  Why are you doing that?

Joshua.