httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: BindAddress vs Listen...
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:27:15 GMT

> From: Pravinkumar_Shivakumar [mailto:Pravinkumar_Shivakumar@Satyam.com]

> 1. If I have both BindAddress and Listen Directive on my httpd.conf, which
> would take effect? Does one override the other?

Who knows... But why would you want to do that?  Don't use BindAddress, it
is deprecated.  Use Listen, which can do all the same things and more.

> 2. If I have a Listen directive like "Listen 8000", do i need to
> specify the
> port in the Virtual Host directive like "<VirtualHost x.x.x.x:8000>" ?

This is answered at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#virtualhost

The most recent Port directive determines the port for the VirtualHost.

Joshua.