httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bill -Sx- Jones <sn...@mac.com>
Subject Re: OS X httpd.conf
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 23:22:35 GMT
On 3/13/02 11:06 AM, "Geoff Coffey" <gcoffey@wmotion.com> wrote:

> 6: Open the "Login" System Preference panel (in System Preferences)
> 7: Switch to the Login Window tab
> 8: Enable the "Show 'Other User' in list for network users" option
>
> Now log out. From the login window, you'll have an "Other" option. Click it
> and you'll be presented with a username and password field. For the
> username, enter "root". For the password, enter the password you gave root
> on step 4.
>
> You'll be logged in as root, and all your GUI applications will have root
> level access.

Please don't do that - it may likely cause you to have other unrelated
problems later when you are your normal self again.

It is better to log in as your normal self and SU to root.

Otherwise, if you do log in as root and touch something to become root only
access whereas it would work as the other self, I feel you will likely need
to ask us a TON of root questions now...

This is WAY OT now...
-Sx-  :]