httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Cousineau <cousi...@umich.edu>
Subject Re: Seeks wisdom
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 14:48:32 GMT

I've built apache on Solaris with 1024 max connections.  Just set the
following in your environment before you compile:

CFLAGS=-DHARD_SERVER_LIMIT=1024

You can set "MaxClients" within httpd.conf to anything up to the above limit
(I'm using 512 right now).

That will override the default, which is set in src/include/httpd.h.

Jeff

>> I wasn't aware of the connection limitations of RH 7.2 - but I have no
>> reason to doubt you, either.  I don't think 6.2 had this problem, and I
>> personally prefer 6.2 for servers - had one running for three years
>> without an incedent (only had to shut it down when our colo changed
>> locations! It's still running, otherwise).  Another option to consider
>> is FreeBSD.
>
> I have to say, that I was not aware of the limitation either.
> How is that imposed? In the code itself, or in the RH version?
> If that is the case, can you not just D/L the raw Apache source and compile
> it +modules you need?
> I don't have a need for 1000+ concurrent connections - but this restriction
> would appear odd.

Jeff

--
Jeff Cousineau