httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Stephenson" <PStephen...@ficgroup.com>
Subject RE: Raw Newbie
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:00:23 GMT
The only book you need is "Apache - The Definitive Guide".  The book is
Published by O'Reilly an is written by Ben Laurie & Peter Laurie.  The
copy I have is the second edition, and let me just say the book is
perfect for beginners, as I was one when I first bought it.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Lew Schwartz [mailto:lew@clsystems.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2002 3:44 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Raw Newbie

	Could anyone point out a reference for a rank, absolute newcomer
to web hosting? I've just installed my first (RedHat) Linux server and
I've got Apache running, but I haven't even got a clue how or where to
upload the simplest index.htm. My installation is not supported by a
registered domain yet, and I don't even know how to access a page using
it's ip address.

Lew Schwartz
Database Programming and Design
www.clsystems.com