httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Roozemond, D.A." <D.A.Roozem...@student.tue.nl>
Subject RE: Apache 2.0.32 (win32) won't start
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:39:06 GMT
-----Original Message-----
> From: Peter Thomassen

> Hi there,
> I've installed Apache 2.0.32 on a Windows XP machine, and I can
> see the Apache Monitor in the system tray. After a double-click I
> see a window with an area named "Service Status :" and some
> buttons on the right. If I remember right, Apache 2.0.28 showed in
> "Service Status" the Apache server, so you can start it with the
> buttons on the right. But I can't see Apache! It also doesn't take
> effect to start Apache by Start | Programs | Apache ... | Control
> ... | Start. Apache.exe is not listed in the task manager, only
> ApacheMonitor.exe. If I start Apache.exe without any parameters,
> it starts and works correctly, but there's always a window looking
> like a DOS box. What can I do in order to correct this?
> I have read the beta notes and I hope to know, what I do :)

Hi,

I only have experience with apache 1.3 in win32, but i have a feeling this
works for apache2. First you have to install apache as a service (i don't
know if you've done that...), one of the ways to do that is running
"Apache.exe -i" (you might have to do that as Administrator). Once you've
done that you can start the service via the normal service management, or
running "NET START APACHE" from the command prompt.

Hope this is useful.

> Please, excuse my broken English, I'm a 14 years old boy from
> Germany.

I've seen FAR worse...

Regards,

Dan Roozemond