httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dror Braznitzki <Dro...@yellowpages.co.il>
Subject RE: mod_rewrite + mod_proxy questions
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:19:57 GMT
I've tried removing the P from the option list but it caused the server to
handle my request as
a request for a local file.
I may not clarified myself enough about my mod_rewrite configuration.
My servers serves both my company web site and hosted web sites that belongs
to some
of our costumers. My proxy servers can get request for our web pages with
our domain
or requests for costumers web pages with another domain.
I use mod_rewrite to differ between domains and redirect them to the
appropriate ProxyPass
directive that will refer them to the right place on the right server (the
proxy server serves 3 other servers
- one of them is a mod_perl server with out application).

And now for the technical stuff:
Some of my rewrite rules redirect to ProxyPass directives that I have in my
proxy configuration (on the same server)
, as it seems without the P option the proxy will not handle the sub request
issued from mod_rewrite.

Is there any other solution, or should I live with the 2 requests each time
and add more hardware to back it up ?

Thanx,

Dror