httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Maceira, Joseph" <jmace...@spherix.com>
Subject Seeks wisdom
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 14:20:55 GMT
To all you Apache Super Ninjas...

My company is on the verge of an epiphany...  They are realizing that
Micro$oft cannot fulfill their web needs.  So I'm planning a revolution with
Linux/Apache.  Our web team doesn't know much about any *nix, let alone
Apache web server.  My question is, where can I find information on setting
up a high capacity website with Apache.  I've found very little with my
trusty old google.  I did discover that the version of Apache that comes
with RedHat 7.2 is limited to 256 concurrent connections.  I need it to
handle 1000+ connections.

Now, if they would do something besides Cold Fusion...

Thanks in advance.