httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Casas, Claudia" <CCa...@utep.edu>
Subject tilde question
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 00:26:05 GMT
Hello everyone:
My name is Claudia Casas and I just recently subscribed to this list.
I just configured apache 1.3.22 as my web server on linux 7.2.
I am migrating from a web server on WindowsNT to Linux. : )

I am not an expert on apache, and this may be an obvious question for some
of you, but please bare with a newbie.
I would like to know if it is possible to remove the tilde from the httpd
address.

For example:
On windows I usually refer to a web address like this:

http://my.domain.com/myaccount <http://my.domain.com/myaccount>   but on
linux I noticed you need a tilde character like this
http://my.domain.com/~myaccount <http://my.domain.com/~myaccount>

Is there any way I can configure the server to be able to accept the web
address with no tilde, just like in windows.
I do not mind having it, but I do not think my current users will like the
idea.

Any references or help will be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks in advance!