httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Daugherty, William" <WDaughe...@fictx.com>
Subject RE: Configuring Apache Virtual Hosts
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 19:52:44 GMT
When editing the .conf are my changes going to take effect instantly or do I
need to stop and then restart the apache process.  If so, other than
rebooting the box how can I do that?

Thanks,

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Quinn [mailto:brian@azfms.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 9:42 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: Configuring Apache Virtual Hosts

this is what i have for about 6 or 8 domains.
i use a * instead of an IP address for easy of administration

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
     ServerName www.mydomain.com
     DocumentRoot /opt/htdocs
     ErrorLog /opt/apache/logs/mydomain.error
     CustomLog /opt/apache/logs/mydomain.access common
</VirtualHost>