httpd-users mailing list archives

From Phil Glatz <p...@glatz.com>
Subject Re: 1.3.24 configure not working for FreeBSD 2.2.2
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2002 23:44:48 GMT
At 02:39 PM 3/25/2002 -0800, Joshua wrote:
> > using  FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE, configure errors out:
> >
> > ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache
> > Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.24
> >   + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
> > Creating Makefile
> > Creating Configuration.apaci in src
> > ./configure: 3: Bad file descriptor
> > [: syntax error
>
>This is most likely some problem with your shell/os setup.
>
>It is probably belching on the "lala >&3" construct used to play with
>standard output in the shell script.  I'm not sure why it wouldn't like
>that.
>
>Try running configure with "-v" to get verbose output, and also try on a
>different system or with a different /bin/sh.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I usually use tcsh, so I tried both sh and ksh
- identical results with all three when I add the -v flag...  Duh - looking
at configure, I see it specifies /bin/sh at the top, so trying different
shells won't matter.

Not sure which version of /bin/sh I have, it is from 1997 though - changing
configure to use ksh did the trick.

thanks, Phil