httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Daubenspeck <m...@oddprocess.org>
Subject Log Rotation
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:04:56 GMT
I am using Apache/1.3.9 with debian 2.2rev5 [potato]

I have a mess of Named Virtual hosts, all with their own Custom error and
access logs in separate directories. Will the cron.conf file that controls
the log rotation rotate ALL logs automatically, or logs only in the default
log directory?

# Debian Apache cron.daily config file

# Number of logs to keep.
APACHE_OLD_LOGS=52

# Which day of the week to run log rotation stuff on, case insensitive.
# Allowed values are one or more of: Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat,Sun,All
APACHE_DAYS_TO_RUN=Sun

# Which exact day to run log rotation stuff, if not "any" this
# supercedes the above.  Allowed values are a day of month between 01
# and 32, or a day of year between 001 and 366.  Set to "01" for
# Webalyzer and analog, but note logfiles can get huge.
APACHE_DAY_TO_RUN=any

# Pre-rotation script to run (leave blank if none).
# APACHE_PRE_SCRIPT=/usr/local/sbin/run_analog

# Post-rotation script to run (leave blank if none).
# APACHE_POST_SCRIPT=/usr/local/sbin/run_analog

# Whether to chown logfiles to the user/group Apache runs as.
APACHE_CHOWN_LOGFILES=1