httpd-users mailing list archives

From Phil Armour <...@MIT.EDU>
Subject trouble with Multiviews
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2002 04:00:08 GMT
I cannot get Mutiviews to send my jsp files to the app server:

Now I have the statement :

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^(.*jsp$) http://localhost:8888/$1 [P]

in my httpd.conf file for redirecting JSP files to my app server, and it
works great for all explicitly named .jsp files.

then i enabled MultiViews and it appears to be working great with static
files like jpg, html, ... etc.  Now when I try a jsp file such as
http://localhost/test.jsp at the root level it works but
http://localhost/test results in the following error:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: d:\www\test\index.jsp (The system cannot
find the path specified) at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)

I am not sure if the file is being found but the rewrite is not happening
or if the multiviews is not supporting jsp files.  if you have any
suggestions I would appreciate it.