httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: Uninstalling Apache 2.0
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 15:45:16 GMT
Tony Tosi wrote:

> Wondering how I could "uninstall" Apache 2.0.32. I installed it from
> source on a Sparc box running Debian 2.2r5. I tried to do a make
> uninstall, but got:
>
> $make: *** No rule to make target `uninstall'.  Stop.

There is no "uninstall" rule. If you installed in the default location
(/usr/local/apache) you can uninstall simply by removing that whole
directory. Also remove the apache sources from wherever you unpacked
them. If you made any modifications to the run-control scripts
(/etc/rc.d/...) then clean them up too.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.