httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Irmund Thum" <it...@it97.dyn.dhs.org>
Subject Re: Apache File Length Problem
Date Sun, 24 Mar 2002 07:45:35 GMT
Jeff Goldfarb wrote:

> I am finding that Apache often sends more data that exists in a file.
> This particularly happens when sending encrypted PDF files. The length
> difference tends to be 20 bytes (although I haven't done extensive
> testing). This occurs in versions from 1.3.20 to 1.3.24 (Linux) and does
> not occur on 1.3.12. I have not tested versions in between 12 and 20.

I remember very well a byte length calc problem for PDF in 1.3.14
(retrack the build for November 2000) what caused especially problems on
a Compaq Alpha machine during user uploads of large pdf files. After
getting nearly desperated to solve the problem it was fixed with the
following version. But meanwhile we had instructed the users to split
their large pdf files :-

see changelogs http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/CHANGES_1.3
-- *) Fix Content-Length calculation when doing Range header processing.
      This makes PDF byteserving work again. [Tony Finch] PR#6711

_ ___
|  |  Irmund    Thum
|  |