httpd-users mailing list archives

From jason <jlc...@tdcs.tel.gte.com>
Subject Apache and AIX 5.1
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 14:40:43 GMT
I am installing Apache for the first time.  I have an H70 that is at
AIX5.1 with the latest ML.  Yesterday, I downloaded and installed GNU C
Compiler per the Apache recommendation.  Below is the error that I
receive when I try to install Apache.  Has anyone seen this error and if
so, how do I fix the problem?  Also, this is the first time that I have
attempted an Apache install so please be as specific as possible with
directions.   Thank you for your assistance.

Jason Cook

# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/share/apache_1.3.23
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.23
 + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for IBM AIX 5.1 platform
 + setting C compiler to gcc
 + setting C pre-processor to gcc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
 + using builtin Expat
 + checking sizeof various data types
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
** failed.  The below error output from the compilation
** test will give you an idea what is failing. Note that
** Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such as gcc.

        cd ..; gcc  -DAIX=51 -DUSE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT -U__STR__
-DAIX_BIND_PROCESSOR -DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT -I./lib/expat-lite -DN
O_DL_NEEDED `./apaci`   -lm -lpthread  -o helpers/dummy helpers/dummy.c
collect2: Library libm not found
make: The error code from the last command is 1.

Stop.
======== Error Output for sanity check ========