httpd-users mailing list archives

From Martin Haase-Thomas <...@meome-ag.de>
Subject Re: httpd starting problem
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2002 06:54:08 GMT
Hmm,
without knowing your .conf  I can only guess. Did you try to start
httpd-perl from the shell? Directly, without that /etc/init.d stuff? If
you then see a segfault being reported I bet there is a line alike
'LoadModule ... mod_perl.c' in your .conf. Remove it - it's Maddrake!

cheers
Martin

Payal wrote:

>Hi,
>Thanks for the mails. The logs in /var/log/messages gave the same error
>saying httpd-perl cannot be started etc.
>Also, I had started apache as apachectl start, but the same problem.
>Can someone help?
>If I have to reinstall apache will that help, I have Mandrake 8.0 CDs with
>me, but the problem is that there are many apache rpms and when I did rpm -U
>apache* I couldn't solve the problem.
>Thanks and bye.
>-Payal
>
>On Sunday 17 March 2002 16:15, you wrote:
>
>>I've always used /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start
>>
>>But I'm using Red Hat. I'm not sure how different the commands are. Try
>>checking the logs in /var/log/messages. You might find some usefull
>>stuff in there.
>>
>>Matt
>>
>>Payal wrote:
>>
>>>Hello all,
>>>I have Linux Mandrake 8.0 with the default apache server. I have a problem
>>>that when I try to start my apache server, usually thru' /etc/init.d/httpd
>>>start I get an error saying,
>>>/etc/init.d/httpd start
>>>Starting httpd-perl:                                       [FAILED]
>>>                                                                [FAILED]
>>>                                                                [FAILED]
>>>What must be the problem. i checked under the logs and found that the
>>>/var/log/hhtpd/ is not even touched [ I saw it thru' time-date stamps]
>>>What must be the problem? I need to start my webserver immediately.
>>>Thanks a lot in advance.
>>>-Payal

                   http://www.meome.de
Martin Haase-Thomas         |       Tel.: 030 43730-558
meOme AG                    |       Fax.: 030 43730-555
Software Development        |           mht@meome-ag.de