httpd-users mailing list archives

From Craig <cra...@nsutah.com>
Subject Re: Is someone using my server as a proxy...?
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2002 20:29:34 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

> > 210.95.11.3 - - [13/Mar/2002:05:57:12 -0700] "POST
> > http://login.tencent.com/login HTTP/1.0" 403 299
>
> All those lines have status code 403 (forbidden), which means
> they ain't goin nowhere.

DUH!  Thanks Joshua ... The "status" codes at the end of the log entry
didn't click.

I'm assuming there is a way to prevent this from going into either the
access_ or error_ logs--they grow REAL fast due to this rejection (about
100M each per day).  I'm sure as soon as it becomes "known" that this
server is no longer proxy-able that it will go down, but in the
meantime, I would like to not have to purge them every day.

Craig.