httpd-users mailing list archives

From alex dyas <ad...@twowaytv.co.uk>
Subject Adding / Rewriting HTTP headers on the fly
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:21:36 GMT
Hi,

We run Apache in a slightly unconventional environment, clients to our
servers tend not to be your standard IE, Netscape, Mozilla but TV Set
Top Boxes.

We have a problem at the moment whereby the requests coming into one of
our servers are done with HTTP 1.0.  We are planning to change the
config of our web server to virtual servers (from one standalone).  The
problem is that HTTP 1.0 as far as I know does not support the "Host"
header which is necessary for Apache to select the appropriate virtual
server.  Thus all the requests from the STBs default to the first
virtual server, and not necessarily the one they should be destined for.

My question is, does anyone know of a good way to add the appropriate
headers into the requests either before Apache gets them, or to get
Apache to add them itself? (mod_rewrite?).

I'm thinking maybe Squid is an answer, but I have no experience with it.

thanks,

alex..
--
-= alex dyas - webmaster - twowaytv - uk =-