httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Error Message
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2002 20:46:08 GMT
Vinnie wrote:

> [Sun Mar 17 13:55:17 2002] [error] (2)No such file or directory: could
> not open mime types log file /usr/local/
> etc/apache/mime.types.
>
> I commented the area in the httpd.conf file that says:

> #    TypesConfig /usr/local/etc/apache/mime.types

> That doesnt seem to help. Any ideas?

Don't comment out that line; point it to the correct location of
mime.types.  Apache can't run without that file.  It is usually located
in the conf/ directory under the ServerRoot, but you appear to be using
some vendor-distributed apache that has modified paths, so you'll have
to find it yourself or ask your vendor.

Joshua.