httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: need a more general solution
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2002 22:50:20 GMT
Casas, Claudia wrote:
> After looking around some configuration examples, I finally know of a
> solution on how to get rid of the tilde in a web account that is not
> located in the apache root directory.

> Alias /students  /home/students/www/

See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/urlmapping.html

You can do
AliasMatch ^/([^/]*)/?(.*) /home/$1/www/$2

But then it will be impossible to access your documentroot.  The whole
point of the "~" is to designate requests that go to a different part of
the filesystem and differentiate them from requests for the
documentroot.  If you still need to be able to access your documentroot,
please let us know how you want to differentiate between user-directory
requests and documentroot requests.  Then I may be able to help further.

Joshua.