httpd-users mailing list archives

From alex dyas <ad...@twowaytv.co.uk>
Subject Re: No Effect On Changing Directives
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:31:10 GMT
I think (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) what happens is that
apachectl kills the parent httpd daemon, but does nothing about the
children. It is up to each of the children in turn to kill themselves
when they see that the parent has died. If one of the children is at
that point stuck doing something it may hang around longer than you
expect.  I've seen this quite often.

What I don't understand is why this should affect the daemon if it's
started again. Ie, if you don't wait for all the children to die, and
start the damon up again you get these weird situations. Anyone?

alex...

--
-= alex dyas - webmaster - twowaytv - uk =-