httpd-users mailing list archives

From Martin Haase-Thomas <...@meome-ag.de>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite - Server load?
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 07:04:49 GMT
Hi,

that depends on how many rules there are and what they're doing.
Everything that launches a subrequest - "RewriteCond (.*) -U"  e.g. - will
certainly slow down the server's performance. The same will happen, when you
try to apply a shortname mapping by writing one rule for each shortname,
instead of
using the "RewriteMap" feature. Omitting the magic [T=text/html] fro
rules that
will only apply to html will have the same impact.

But these are just my own experiences. Some more elaborated words you'll
find at:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_rewrite.html

so long
Martin

--
                   http://www.meome.de
Martin Haase-Thomas         |       Tel.: 030 43730-558