httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: what gives?
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 09:16:28 GMT
"Boex,Matthew W." wrote:

> i am getting this error in my apache logs...
>
> [05/Mar/2002 11:29:42 29719] [error] SSL handshake failed: HTTP spoken on
> HTTPS port; trying to send HTML error page (OpenSSL library error follows)
> [05/Mar/2002 11:29:42 29719] [error] OpenSSL: error:1407609C:SSL
> routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:http request [Hint: speaking HTTP to HTTPS
> port!?]
>
> now, all i am doing is requesting a cgi via http, not via https.  i figure,
> when requesting a cgi or a static page using "http://" it should hit my
> server on port 80 and if i request via "https://", it should try port 443.
> what gives?

I'm not sure about the multiple definitions of "Port". Depending on how
the VHs are processed, you might end up with only port 443 open.... Port
is a server-config directive - it is non-standard to place it in a VH:
Remove it everywhere and replace it with one Listen directive per VH
positioned just before the VH container, i.e.

> Listen 192.168.2.14:80
> <VirtualHost 192.168.2.14:80>

repeat for each VH.

Rgds,