httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: newbie question xxxx
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 08:39:48 GMT
faisal gillani wrote:

> Thanks Owen for the reply it really helped me a lot
> but please help me with this options indexes thing as
> i really want to enable this directory browsing so
> users can get their data ..
> i have a configured a Alias called /movies
> so how to make client see data on the partition when
> they type http://clickonline.net/movies ?
> by default it is not showning anything

If you have a directory called movies under your document root, then the
URL should find it. Check you directory layout - for example, if you
have:

DocumentRoot /path/to/docroot

then your movies should be in /path/to/docroot/movies. Then
http://clickonline.net/movies will end up in that directory.

If you also have:

Options +Indexes

in the same VH, then the user should get a listing.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.

PS - if not, post the error message in the log-file.