httpd-users mailing list archives

From Erwien Samantha Y <erwiensaman...@netscape.net>
Subject Re: Seeks wisdom
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2002 02:58:58 GMT
My webserver have more then 1.700.000 hits a day . (with 2 CPU + 512 MB)
Any sugestion for my httpd.conf above , on peak time my server get freeze.

##

Timeout 240
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 600
KeepAliveTimeout 15
MinSpareServers 16
MaxSpareServers 64
StartServers 16
MaxClients 1200
MaxRequestsPerChild 10000

####

sneex@mac.com wrote:

> Interesting statement ...
>
> On Friday, March 1, 2002, at 09:50  AM, Maceira, Joseph wrote:
>
>> I can always add more RAM.
>

> Let's look that over  :)
>
> Can we agree that more RAM is, what, 4GB more, 16GB more?
>
> My Apache process is running at 6~10MB each occurance, plus my
> database connections run roughly 50~100MB each - I am running on an
> E10k (currently with 2 CPUs and 2GB (expandable to 4GB - ultimately I
> can have 16 domains with 64 CPUs and 64GB of RAM.))
>
> So, the math states, barring moving the DATABASE stuff elsewhere
> (which I cannot yet do because of vendor issues), I can safely run -
>
> 50M * 25 connections per second = ~1.5GB of RAM required PLUS 5MB * 25
> httpd requests ... well ...
>
> Approx ~25 HTTPd processes and still expect to get database
> connections w/OpSys usage...
>
> BTW - 15 connects per second is considered a site handling 1 Million
> transactions per day. So, I would hazard a guess that 255 is a VERY
> high limit...
>

>    Discussion?
>  ('>    -Sx- IUDICIUM
>  //\   Have Computer -