httpd-users mailing list archives

From James Harr <ja...@grickle.org>
Subject Re: Apache + SSL + virtual domains
Date Sun, 24 Mar 2002 17:58:46 GMT
Hi Tomasz,

Contrary to your statement, I believe it is possible to have name based virtual hosts. However
it is impossible to have a different encryption key per name based virtual host. Reason being
is that the data used to figure out which key to use, would be already encrypted. SSL acts
just like a tunnel. Once the tunnel is established, then the http request is sent through
(which contain name based vhosts).

If any one knows for a fact that I am wrong please tell me. I remember reading this on mod_ssl's
site, but I can't remember where, it was a while ago.

Later,
James Harr