httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Luntzel <m...@neurosis.net>
Subject "The Request" error page weirdness
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2002 22:18:22 GMT
So here is some strange behavior (version information at bottom). Intermittantly, users of
this webserver get a page like this:

The Request

Apache/1.3.23 Server at www.hsx.com Port 80

No error code. No server status. I get nothing in the error logs. The access logs show 200's
and 304's. I have not been able to re-create this condition, but we're getting reports of
it from all over. I had 1.3.12 running up until last week and figured upgrading might fix
it. No such luck. The machine itself is a Sun E3500 with next to no load, from what I can
tell. About a ton of free ram and lots of idle processor. 100 megabit switched full-duplex
network.

What might cause this condition? I've been over the web looking for information and have come
up short. We also have weblogic running and it doesn't seem to matter, we get these pages
for dynamic and static pages and reloading in the client causes the page to render successfully.

Server version: Apache/1.3.23 (Unix)
SunOS www 5.6 Generic_105181-26
WebLogic 5.1 sp10
java version "1.2.2"
Solaris VM (build Solaris_JDK_1.2.2_05a, native threads, sunwjit)

I'll tear my hair out soon. Thanks for your time and please let me know if I've left any piece
of obvious information out.