httpd-users mailing list archives

From Artiom Morozov <art...@phreaker.net>
Subject Re: Re: Limit a user's CGI in his/her directory
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:01:47 GMT
I really don't know how it works with suexec, but there's no limits
except for those imposed by you when compiling cgiwrap. As for "read
all", well, you probably can't get around of that without chroot for
all the files, but imho it's not a big problem if user will read some
common system files. Still you can separate users' homes by chmod'ing
their directories to -rwx------.

On 2002.03.18 18:15 Richard wrote:
> Dear Artiom Morozov
>
> I think the CGIwrap you mentioned might solve my problem.
> Actually, I've tried the suEXEC. It seems that I have to
> make the user name same as the user group. e.g. if I
> create a user richard, I have to put him into a group
> richard, otherwise, the perl script cann't execute.
> This is not really convenient, because all my users
> are in one group.
>
> Also, you mentioned that set access rights properly. However,
> most of files in FREEBSD are anyone read. Will it cause
> problems if I change the access rights?
>

> >PS: it's also possible to have CGIs from diff. users to run under
> diff.
> >UIDs, so you don't even have to use chrooting, just set access rights
>
> >properly. Again, wrapper should be used ;-)

----
Web Space Station
Software Development and Web Design
http://www.web-space-station.com/

Web Master Aid
Premier Tools for Webmasters and Site Owners
http://www.webmasteraid.com/

Web Host Station
Web site hosting and maintenance
http://www.webhoststation.com/