httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Price <mjpvirt...@yahoo.com>
Subject Apache 2.0, CGI, and error 500
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2002 10:57:42 GMT
I am unable to get CGI programs to work under
Apache 2.0.32. All of these programs work under
Apache 1.3.23. Under 2.0.32 they all produce error
"500 Premature end of script headers". The ScriptLog
output shows nothing following the %response line -
the scripts produce no output at all. An "ls -lu"
shows
that the script files are NOT being accessed. The
error log shows the correct file name for the script -
it's as though Apache cannot execute the file.
Permissions are 755 on the scripts and 711 on the
directory. User/group is consistent on both and
different from the server user/group. ScriptAlias
points to the directory.

I've poured over the conf file and tried numerous
alternatives with no luck.

Can anyone give me some idea what's going on?

Thanks,
Mike Price