httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Goldfarb <...@otra.com>
Subject Apache File Length Problem
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2002 22:12:26 GMT
I am finding that Apache often sends more data that exists in a file.
This particularly happens when sending encrypted PDF files. The length
difference tends to be 20 bytes (although I haven't done extensive
testing). This occurs in versions from 1.3.20 to 1.3.24 (Linux) and does
not occur on 1.3.12. I have not tested versions in between 12 and 20.
Tests with the different versions were done on the same machine, same
config, same files... only a change in the build.

The result is a very odd Acrobat/IE interaction which, basically,
prevents PDF files from being viewed.

I have not seen reports of this behavior, but would like to know if
anyone has seen it, or has a workaround (other than reverting to the
older build, which we have done).

This happens with virtually every encrypted PDF file I have tried.

Thanks for your comments and help,

Jeff Goldfarb
jag@otra.com