httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Dewhirst <Dewhirs...@UCLES.org.uk>
Subject mod SSI
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 17:01:14 GMT
I am trying to get SSI working on my apache 1.3.22.

I have added Options +Includes to the default dir config in httpd.conf, as
per below:

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    Options +Includes
    AllowOverride All
</Directory>

I have also added the "XBitHack on" line to httpd.conf (does this need to be
in a specific place?).

I then changed my index.html to be executable ("chmod +x"), added a line
that says "<!--#echo var="DATE_LOCAL" -->" ot it and restarted apache.

The date directive is not processed, the comment comes out unaffected in the
html source.

Any suggestions what I might have done wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

This message was written in plain text mode.
Everything below the dotted line was not
written by the author of this email.
----------------------

=**********************************************************

If you are not the intended recipient, employee or agent responsible for delivering the message
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this
communication and its attachments is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication and its attachments in error, please return the original
message and attachments to the sender using the reply facility on e-mail.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the UCLES Group does not accept legal
responsibility for the contents of this message.  Any views or opinions presented are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the UCLES Group unless otherwise
specifically stated.

MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses although this does not guarantee that this
email is virus free.