httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bill -OSX- Jones <sn...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Seeks wisdom
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 17:16:12 GMT
[This is becoming OT, but ...]

On Friday, March 1, 2002, various Earthlings wrote:

>> I wasn't aware of the connection limitations of RH 7.2

> I have to say, that I was not aware of the limitation either.
> How is that imposed?

AFAIK:

Limitations are not imposed to be limiting to the normal operation
of any given server - they are designed by well meaning, good
intended, systems architects to help prevent some "ner'Well Do"
from throttling your system (barring shooting one's own foot off :)

Most of my server experience comes from mid to high end Unix
systems, multiplatform & multi-CPU, mostly if at the time I hit a
perceived limitation, I've found that I was thinking about such in
the wrong light.  Once I discovered the correct design path, as
such, I found that 'coloring within the lines' was most rewarding
and I could sleep better at night.

Shooting for new systems performance records are fine - so long as
the contestants & judges understand what it is they are supposed to
be evaluating during the pageant?

	Hope this helps;
  ('>    -Sx- IUDICIUM
  //\   Have Computer -