httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bill -OSX- Jones <sn...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Seeks wisdom
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 16:18:54 GMT
Interesting statement ...

On Friday, March 1, 2002, at 09:50  AM, Maceira, Joseph wrote:

> I can always add more RAM.

Let's look that over  :)

Can we agree that more RAM is, what, 4GB more, 16GB more?

My Apache process is running at 6~10MB each occurance, plus my
database connections run roughly 50~100MB each - I am running on an
E10k (currently with 2 CPUs and 2GB (expandable to 4GB - ultimately
I can have 16 domains with 64 CPUs and 64GB of RAM.))

So, the math states, barring moving the DATABASE stuff elsewhere
(which I cannot yet do because of vendor issues), I can safely run -

50M * 25 connections per second = ~1.5GB of RAM required PLUS 5MB *
25 httpd requests ... well ...

Approx ~25 HTTPd processes and still expect to get database
connections w/OpSys usage...

BTW - 15 connects per second is considered a site handling 1
Million transactions per day. So, I would hazard a guess that 255
is a VERY high limit...

	Discussion?
  ('>    -Sx- IUDICIUM
  //\   Have Computer -