httpd-users mailing list archives

From "RuneImp" <r...@imptech.net>
Subject Re: Help with .htaccess
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 14:14:21 GMT
Looks fine to me. Is the directory & password file
readable & executable by all or at least Apache?

Hmmm, rereading your 1st post I see that the dialog
doesn't pop-up in the first place. If that is the
case then you need to edit your httpd.conf & change

AllowOverride None

AllowOverride All

or

AllowOverride AuthConfig

Read more at

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#allowoverride

-=- RuneImp
ImpTech - Web Design, Hosting & Computer Tech
http://imptech.net
rune@imptech.net