httpd-users mailing list archives

From Payal <rpa...@indiainfo.com>
Subject httpd starting problem
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2002 03:52:39 GMT
Hello all,
I have Linux Mandrake 8.0 with the default apache server. I have a problem
that when I try to start my apache server, usually thru' /etc/init.d/httpd
start I get an error saying,
/etc/init.d/httpd start
Starting httpd-perl:                                       [FAILED]
                                                           	     [FAILED]
                                                                 [FAILED]
What must be the problem. i checked under the logs and found that the
/var/log/hhtpd/ is not even touched [ I saw it thru' time-date stamps]
What must be the problem? I need to start my webserver immediately.
Thanks a lot in advance.
-Payal