httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Leach" <sle...@askalix.com>
Subject Re: Seeks wisdom
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 14:39:21 GMT

> I wasn't aware of the connection limitations of RH 7.2 - but I have no
> reason to doubt you, either.  I don't think 6.2 had this problem, and I
> personally prefer 6.2 for servers - had one running for three years
> without an incedent (only had to shut it down when our colo changed
> locations! It's still running, otherwise).  Another option to consider
> is FreeBSD.

I have to say, that I was not aware of the limitation either.
How is that imposed? In the code itself, or in the RH version?
If that is the case, can you not just D/L the raw Apache source and compile
it +modules you need?
I don't have a need for 1000+ concurrent connections - but this restriction
would appear odd.

Best Regards,

Steve Leach
Network Manager